David W. Smith Fund to support the Workshop on Malformations and Morphogenesis
The David W. Smith Workshop on Malformations and Morphogenesis, which began in 1980, serves as a unique forum for elucidating the mechanisms of human malformations and morphogenesis. The goal of the Smith Workshop is to bring together a diverse group of clinicians and scientists to advance our general understanding of human morphogenesis, both normal and abnormal. The establishment of an endowed fund will assure that this meeting continues in its present form by supporting the attendance of trainees and invited speakers.
Management of Endowed Funds:
The David W. Smith Fund has been incorporated and is applying for tax-exempt status as a 501(c)(3) entity. A Board of Directors has been convened:
- Louanne Hudgins, President of Board / Chief Executive Officer of David W. Smith Fund Corp.
- Kenneth Lyons Jones, Vice President of Board / Founding member of DWS Fund Corp.
- Lynne M. Bird, Secretary Treasurer of Board / Chief Financial Officer of DWS Fund Corp.
- Arthur S. Aylsworth, member, Board of Directors
- Cynthia J. Curry, member, Board of Directors, Founding member of DWS Fund Corp.
- Karen W. Gripp, member, Board of Directors
- Ian D. Krantz, member, Board of Directors, Founding member of DWS Fund Corp.
An operating fund will be maintained to support meeting logistics, and the remainder of the funds will be and invested in a diversified portfolio (likely managed by Charles Schwab or similar entity).
Ways to Give:
Give now and/or pledge for future sustaining donation. Designate the David W. Smith Fund in your trust. Make a tax-free transfer from your IRA. No amount is too small or too big! A letter acknowledging your tax-free donation will be provided.
- Check: Please make checks payable to David W. Smith Fund and send to the treasurer of the Board of Directors (Lynne M. Bird, 100 Acacia Way, Coronado, CA, 92118).
- If you prefer to make a direct transfer from your bank account to the David W. Smith Fund or you need help in arranging an IRA transfer, contact Lynne Bird at email@example.com for banking routing information.
- If you have a Paypal account, donations can be made by clicking the Donate link below:
We are committed to complete transparency. At any time, contributors or potential contributors can ask for a summary of contributions and debits to the fund. We hope to post this information on the website eventually. Contact Lynne Bird at firstname.lastname@example.org.