David W. Smith Fund supports the Workshop on Malformations and Morphogenesis
The David W. Smith Workshop on Malformations and Morphogenesis, which began in 1980, serves as a unique forum for elucidating the mechanisms of human malformations and morphogenesis. The goal of the Smith Workshop is to bring together a diverse group of clinicians and scientists to advance our general understanding of human morphogenesis, both normal and abnormal. The establishment of an endowed fund will assure that this meeting continues in its present form by supporting the attendance of trainees and invited speakers. The David W. Smith Fund was established to build and manage the endowment.
Management of Endowed Funds:
The David W. Smith Fund was incorporated in September 25, 2015 and granted Tax-exempt status as a 501(c)(3) entity by the IRS September 15, 2016. The Board of Directors are:
- Louanne Hudgins, President of Board / Chief Executive Officer of David W. Smith Fund, Inc.
- Kenneth Lyons Jones, Vice-President of Board / Chief Operating Officer of DWS Fund, Inc.
- Lynne M. Bird, Secretary-Treasurer of Board / Chief Financial Officer of DWS Fund, Inc.
- Arthur S. Aylsworth, member, Board of Directors
- Cynthia J. Curry, member, Board of Directors, Founding member of DWS Fund, Inc.
- Karen W. Gripp, member, Board of Directors
- Ian D. Krantz, member, Board of Directors, Founding member of DWS Fund, Inc.
An operating fund will be maintained to support meeting logistics, and the remainder of the funds will be conservatively invested in a diversified portfolio (currently with Vanguard).
Ways to Give:
Give now and/or pledge for future sustaining donation. Designate the David W. Smith Fund, Inc. in your trust. Make a tax-free transfer from your IRA. No amount is too small or too big! A letter acknowledging your tax-free donation will be provided.
- Check: Please make checks payable to David W. Smith Fund and send to the treasurer of the Board of Directors (Lynne M. Bird, 100 Acacia Way, Coronado, CA, 92118).
- If you prefer to make a direct transfer from your bank account to the David W. Smith Fund or you need help in arranging an IRA transfer, contact Lynne Bird at email@example.com for banking routing information.
- If you shop, use https://smile.amazon.com/ and designate David W. Smith Fund as the entity to support.
- If you have a Paypal account, donations can be made by clicking the Donate link below:
We are committed to complete transparency. At any time, contributors or potential contributors can ask for a summary of contributions and debits to the fund. Contact Louanne Hudgins or Lynne Bird at firstname.lastname@example.org.